Sunday, October 25, 2009

screencasts


I signed up for the Pre-conference mostly for this because I need some new tools in my presentation kit and this idea looked promising. The main thing that attracted me about it was that it could be fairly informal and / or very slick. It could be used to combine a range of tools and topics and could be embedded in a webpage, home page or blog.

When I attended the workshop I discovered it had more utility than I originally thought. It’s definitely something I wish to play with more and then try to use it as a tool for classroom visits and or in house database classes. It could also be frozen onto a cdrom and played when needed. I think even the frozen form could be morphed into new screencasts using software like Camtastic. I could even make some demos up for D, T and A to use or adapt.

A project one of my classmates will use it for is a “how to file for divorce” tutorial focusing on finding, retrieving and printing appropriate forms. A project like that would be so handy! Someone else mentioned “how to download audiobooks” tutorials – another good project. I’d like to work with the learn a language databases we have for a start and then the Home Work Help pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment